Hello Everyone! I made it to the MTC! This is such a wonderful place. It's very strange to look out my window and see the familiar mountains I've loved for the past year and a half, and yet not really be in Provo. It's almost like I'm in a totally different place. My companions and I are blessed to serve in a trio, which is actually quite unique. Sister Snow and I found each other on Facebook before our missions which was kind of fun, and we are thrilled to be together. Sister Caldwell is our third companion and we love her as well.
The MTC is a crazy place. Every day feels like a year. We are learning so much, more than I could even begin to explain. We come out of class for lunch and it feels like we've been in class for a week. At the end of the day you are so exhausted, but you can't fall asleep because there's so much to think about. What a marvelous place this is. There is no other time in my life when I will ever be entirely surrounded by people so full of the Spirit and so committed to the gospel. There is power in removing ourselves from the world as we prepare to serve the Lord.
We taught our first investigator yesterday, and it was a little interesting. Chris loves Jesus, bur doesn't have much understanding of who our Savior really is. He recently watched a friend become converted to the gospel and he has a lot of respect for the missionaries because of how the message of the Church changed the life of his friend. We thought we were really prepared for our lesson, but we weren't as ready as we thought. However, we learned a lot from our mistakes and we're preparing to do better next time. We met our second investigator last night and we'll be teaching him Monday evening. His name is Victor. We're preparing a lesson about the Restoration and we're hoping that we'll do better this time. We also received a referral about a third investigator, Richard, who is less-active. We are thinking that we'll probably teach him about the Restoration as well, as kind of a refresher I guess you could say.
Teaching in a trio is a little challenging. There's a natural give and take in conversation when you have two, and we're still learning how to balance that with three. But have a lot of love for each other and very strong testimonies. We know that God will help us as we do our best.
We had our first gym time yesterday which was exciting. Sister Caldwell ran into an exercise machine while she was jogging and has a huge bruise. I told her that's definitely something I would have done. I stayed on the elliptical because I didn't want to hurt my ankle now that my ripped tendon is so freshly healed.
I'm so sorry if my letter is jumping around! I have so much I want to say, but our computer time is very limited. I appreciate all of your love and support and I love all of your letters. I apologize if I'm slow in replying, but I promise I will reply as soon as I have a chance.
God is in this work. There is so much power that comes from turning your heart over to the Lord and trusting Him to guide you to where He wants you to be. I love the MTC and am so very grateful to be a missionary during this great time on the Earth.
Sincerely,
Sister Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment