Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

I cannot believe how quickly time flies by! I think I say that every Monday, but really, time FLIES by. I've already been on my mission for two months! That's just crazy! I love Virginia and I love being a missionary.

This week was full of miracles. Sister Jepson and I have been amazed at all the wonderful things that have been happening. On Monday evening, Marilyn called us and told us that she and her son want to be baptized! We were walking out to our car when the phone rang. We set the phone down on speakerphone and looked at each other and started silently screaming and jumping up and down. We have been praying since the day we met Marilyn that she would have a desire to get baptized. I cannot explain the joy we felt at hearing her express that desire and explain how she understood that this was something that her Heavenly Father wants for her. She and her son haven't decided when they would like to be baptized. Because of some circumstances in their family, it might not be until the end of April. Regardless, we are overjoyed that we have been able to teach Marilyn and watch her progress.

On Wednesday we had the chance to watch Elder Bednar's CES Devotional from a few weeks ago. It was fabulous. If anyone wants to hear some powerful advice about trials and adversity, go to lds.org and find Elder Bednar's devotional. Watch it with a box of tissues. He shares a touching story about a young couple who experienced some hardship shortly after they got married and he talks about how we can be like Christ and "not shrink" when we are asked to experience hard things.

Thursday was transfers, which was exciting. Even though neither Sister Jepson or I got a transfer call, we did get a new car! There's a really tall elder serving in Appomattox who needed a bigger car, which we happened to have, so we traded cars with them. Once we got our new car, we spent some time vacuuming it and taking it through the car wash. It smelled like sweaty boys, so we bought some air freshener for it, and made it all nice and clean. We love our new car and are grateful that we are able to have a car.

Thursday evening our ward had a Relief Society Birthday Party to celebrate the 171st Relief Society Birthday. We invited three of our investigators, and all three of them came! It was wonderful. All of our investigators felt the Spirit and had a great time. We were so grateful for our wonderful members who reached out to our investigators and made them feel welcome. Missionary work cannot happen without the support of the members.

On Saturday morning we went to a baptism for the Williamsburg sisters. They were unable to find a pianist, so last minute they asked me if I would be willing to play. The baptism started 20 minutes late, so I ended up playing prelude music for almost 40 minutes. My fingers were so tired, but I was grateful that I had learned how to play the hymns so that I can be called upon when needed.

I love being a missionary. There is nothing like the feeling of watching the gospel change people's lives! It has certainly changed my life. I love all of you and I miss you dearly! I pray for you every night and I hope you are having opportunities to share the gospel with those around you.

With love,
Sister Jasperson



Colonial Williamsburg


The Magazine at Colonial Williamsburg

In the stocks with Sister Jepson. This is what they do when you don't obey the mission rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment