Since yesterday was Memorial Day, the library was closed so we didn't get to email. And then some birds made a nest outside of our window, which is great, except they were up chirping ALL NIGHT, so we got no sleep.
I feel like my entire life is a compilation of hilarious stories and awkward moments and my mission has been no exception to that. This week my companion and I were helping our Zone Leaders move their stuff into our storage unit and throw all the junk in the storage unit away while they look for a new apartment. The storage unit is on the second floor of the building, so that was an adventure in itself as we carried stuff up and down. We ended up having to throw away a bunch of desks and a mattress and box spring. We couldn't get it all into the dumpster and so my companion and I jumped into the dumpster to crush everything and help lift it in. It is up there on my list of most disgusting things I've ever done. We maintained our dignity until we got back into our apartment and then we freaked out about the fact that we had just jumped into a dumpster.
Our investigator Cindy who was set for baptism this Saturday has been facing a lot of opposition. Her mother passed away on Wednesday and after a series of other events she has chosen to postpone her baptism. We are so disappointed, but ultimately all we can do is invite people and then let them make their choices. We'll continue to pray for her and hope that things turn around.
It rained every single day last week. On Friday we got 5 inches of rain (a member told us that's what it said on the news and we believe it) during a 25 minute downpour while we were helping some members plant a garden. I have never been so wet in my entire life. We wanted to finish the project, so we just kept weeding and trimming bushes, despite the torrential rainstorm. Sister Garvin and I even managed to remove an entire tree using a shrub trimming tool (I don't know the official name for that) and our bare hands. We were pretty impressed with our ability to accomplish the task.
If you're seeking spiritual upliftment, we discussed Elder Hales' talk from the last priesthood session of conference in Relief Society on Sunday and it was wonderful. I have to run...but as always, I love and miss you and am praying for you.
With love,
Sister Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment