Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 1, 2013

Hello from the Virginia Chesapeake Mission! It's still crazy to think that I'm serving in a different mission now. I can't even believe it! We'll meet our new mission president and the missionaries we got from the Raleigh North Carolina Mission tomorrow at our Mission Conference. I am excited and a little anxious to see all the changes that will be coming with this transition to a new mission. 

As always...it was another long and crazy week. I have a feeling that after my mission I'll read through all of these emails and see that I started all of them the same way :) But really, that's how I feel every Monday. I left my camera at home this week, so I'll have to send pictures from our trip on the ferry next week. We stopped at this little flower shop owned by some less active members of our ward and they gave me a bell pepper plant! It's the cutest little thing and I have been carefully nurturing it and moving it to places with lots of sunlight every morning. I hope I don't get transferred soon because I don't want to leave it behind.

We had a zone-wide training about the new FamilySearch website. The website has changed so much from 6 months ago when I took a Family History class with my stake at BYU. I am really excited about finding new ways to use Family History to do missionary work. I have a whole new sense of enthusiasm to do my own Family History work as well. It's exciting to catch the spirit of Elijah and feel that urge to turn your heart to your ancestors. I hope you all will have the chance to explore FamilySearch on your own.

We taught some awesome lessons this week! Our investigator Jessica invited us to eat lunch with her and her children. It was so fun to watch her just being a mom. She has so much love for her children and wants to teach them to follow their Savior. We taught her about praying more sincerely and encouraged her to find ways to strengthen her relationship with her Heavenly Father this week.

We also taught our new investigator Bob. When we were tracting last week we left a pass along card in his door, and he called us! I cannot even tell you how miraculous it is that he called us. I have handed out literally hundreds of pass along cards and no one has ever called us in my entire mission. But, Bob did. He said he has been trying to find what God's path is for him, and he felt strongly that we were part of that path. We taught him part of the Restoration and we have an appointment with him again this week. We are excited to keep teaching him and pray that he will continue to feel the Spirit and have a desire to keep learning from us.

That's all I have time for this week. Have a great Fourth of July! 

With love,
Sister Jasperson

No comments:

Post a Comment