Thank you for all of your prayers for my ankle! It's been doing a lot better this week. I could point my foot past 90* when I did physical therapy yesterday, which is something I haven't been able to do in months! I hope it continues to improve so I can one day walk without limping or wearing a brace.
We had an incredible lesson with our investigators Nick and Jackie. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation. The Spirit prompted me to read to them about the kingdoms of glory from D&C 76. I have never shared that with anyone in a lesson before, so I was a little hesitant, but I followed the Spirit. They loved learning about the different degrees of glory. At the end of the lesson they each shared their testimony of the Book of Mormon and the prophet. The Spirit was strong and we again invited them to be baptized. They picked January 1 as their date, so we hope to move that a little closer during our lesson this week.
We met with Charlie again. It was another hard lesson. He is so misguided and it really breaks my heart to hear him speak so negatively about truth. Also, it appears that he is in love with the sister missionaries, which has led to some awkward situations. We're working on turning him over to the elders this week.
The elders had a baptism, and Nick came to watch. I was also asked to play the piano. I'm continually more grateful for my piano talents. I get asked to play for things multiple times a week. I wish there was someone else in the branch who could play, but I'm willing to share my talents. Nick felt the Spirit strongly during the baptism and even got a little teary. After the baptism he told us about how he had felt when he read the Book of Mormon the other day. We promised him that he could feel that way every time he read the scriptures. It is just amazing to watch his faith grow! I'm excited for him to become a member of the church.
Transfer calls were yesterday, and I'll be staying here in Tidewater for another transfer. I'm grateful for my wonderful companions, and I know we'll have more fun together and we'll continue to see miracles.
With love,
Sister Jasperson
| Here's a picture of our district from the last district meeting. Elder Kim was missing...\ |
| We also stopped by the beach when we were out contacting less actives because the weather was beautiful, and we just had to see the water :) |
| And we did weekly planning at this park built on top of the old landfill, called Mt. Trashmore. Here's the stairs going up the hill to the park. |
No comments:
Post a Comment