Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 9, 2013

Wow. This week seemed to fly by and last forever at the same time! On Monday we invited the other sisters in our district over to our apartment to play games for preparation day. I am grateful to have other sisters that live nearby so that we have people to talk to. We played Scum and ate popcorn and wore sweatpants. It was fun to just sit around with missionaries and talk about life.

Tuesday we had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. I am grateful for our Sister Training Leaders and their love and support. Our Tuesday was pretty busy. We taught Matt again, the less active we've been working with ever since we got to Tidewater. He's making so much progress! Last week he passed the sacrament during Sacrament Meeting and I felt like the proud mother of a deacon while I watched him. I am so happy that he has made all these changes in his life and started to come back to church. I hope he can become fully converted so that he never falls away again.

We also taught Jamal. We've had a really hard time getting in contact with him for a while because he's had such a busy work schedule, but we were finally able to set an appointment that didn't fall through. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love how our lessons with him are as if he was hearing these things for the first time. He's been less active for long enough that he's forgotten his testimony. I love seeing the light on his face as he feels the Spirit and remembers that he once knew that the Church was true. He agreed to ask for Sunday's off so he can start coming to church, but he didn't make it yesterday.

We went to teach a less active named Pamela. We had made an appointment on the phone, but it turned out that there was some miscommunication and we had actually made an appointment with her very active mother. We still had a wonderful lesson and I don't think it was a coincidence. Her mother was brought to tears and told us that it was exactly the message she had been looking for. Miracles happen when you follow the Spirit and missionaries are sent to invite ALL to come unto Christ. This includes active members and other missionaries. I love the feeling of being an instrument in the Lord's hands. This is His work, and I am just the tool He uses to accomplish it.

Tuesday evening we got a phone call from the Bayside sisters. They had come home to their carbon monoxide detector going off in their apartment and they really didn't think it was safe to stay there. They've been really sick for the past transfer and for a while they thought their water might be giving them lead poisoning. They stopped drinking the water and they got a little better, but they've still been really sick. Tuesday night they stayed with us, but they were really not doing well. On Wednesday morning I was really worried about them. I ended up calling the mission president's wife and telling her about the situation. She told me to take them to the emergency room immediately. I ended up spending four hours with them in the ER while my companions stayed at home. Since then we've had the Bayside sisters sleeping on the floor in our living room. They're starting to get better, but no one knows why they are so sick.

I'm out of time, but that about sums up the rest of our week. This morning we watched the sun come up at the beach - my favorite Pday activity. I attached a picture. I love you all! Have a great week!

With love,

Sister Jasperson
Sunrise at the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment