Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Wow. Conference was amazing! There is nothing like conference when you are a missionary. I just thought to myself, 1 of those 83,035 missionaries is me! And five of those 282,945 converts were taught by me! I got a little teary at the end, realizing that this is the last time I'll hear someone pray for missionaries at conference and feel myself be strengthened by that prayer. 

I am so grateful for all the wonderful things that were said at conference that were just for me. I would invite you (yep, pulling out my missionary voice over here. But take it seriously, it's a good invitation :)) to reflect on conference and find something you can share with someone else. Pray about it, use the Spirit, and then go and do something about it. It will bless your life because, like Elder Scott promised us a few conferences ago, you're more likely to receive revelation for yourself if you're searching for someone else.

Aside from conference, it was a pretty good week. It's springtime, and out here that means EVERYTHING is covered with yellow pollen. It also means my eyes are constantly watering, my shoes are turning yellow, and I can't really breathe...we are praying for a good rainstorm to wash some of the pollen away. The weather was beautiful this week. I'm getting ready to pack up all my winter stuff for good!

We had some wonderful lessons! We finally made it back over to the Rich family (the less active family whose yard we got our car stuck in...). Their kids were so excited that we were there. The dad helped the daughter say the closing prayer and it really touched my heart. This family is making progress! It's such a miracle to see the gospel change their lives. They agreed to watch conference, which is a huge commitment for family that hasn't come to church in years. The kids all sat on the couch by us and played with our hair and held our hands while we taught the lesson. I thought to myself, surely, this must touch the heart of their parents and help them feel the Spirit.

We had another lesson with the Landon's as well. They continue to make incredible progress. This week we taught them about tithing and the Word of Wisdom. She was eager to even give up her prescription medications to obtain the promised blessings of this commandment. We assured her that prescription medication, when used according to the doctor's directions, is okay. When people are truly converted, you can see it in their actions. Think about that. What do your actions say about your conversion?

Okay, I'm out of time. One last story. One time my companion burned the syrup. Maybe next week I can share more details. I'll attach a picture. I didn't even know syrup could do this. Just imagine our house full of smoke, me running around opening all the windows, covering my face, the smoke alarm ringing...it was quite an adventure.

burned syrup


Have a great week!
With love,

Sister Jasperson

No comments:

Post a Comment