I have so much to say and not enough time! I'll try to cram
it all in here.
On Tuesday, we got the opportunity to go to Girls' Camp and
talk to the YW in the Stake about being a sister missionary. The Stake
President had us answer some of their questions. He called on me frequently
because I am "well-seasoned" in missionary work as he put it. I was
grateful for the opportunity I had to share some of my testimony of missionary
work with these young girls. I didn't think many of them were listening, but
then one of the YW in our ward spoke in Sacrament Meeting and referenced some
of the things I said. Wow. I had no idea these youth looked up to me that much,
but I am grateful I have lived in such a way that I am not ashamed of the
things they may have learned from observing me.
We had another lesson with our investigator Caleb. We went
over Tuesday morning. He was so excited to see us. He brought out various
things for us to sit on for our lesson. We asked him why he wanted to be
baptized, and he said that he really wants to be like Jesus Christ and he wants
to be part of our family and do good things. He's such a good boy and he just
wants to choose the right! I wish we could help his parents see how important
this is! After we finished the lesson and he said the closing prayer, he looked
up and said, wanna help me make a tent? We said we would, and we helped him
assemble this canopy thing. After we finished, he said, let's have another
lesson in my tent! So we did.
We met with Emily. She is amazing. We finished teaching the
Plan of Salvation. She loved the idea of eternal families. We also had a lesson
with Paris. We came in and the first thing she said was, well, I decided to
quit smoking. And then I want to be baptized. I was so happy to see the change
that the Spirit had worked in her heart! She picked July 19, the Saturday
before I go home. I say this all the time, but seriously, I can't say it
enough. There is absolutely NOTHING like watching the gospel change people.
That's the part of missionary work that I'm going to miss the most.
We taught lots of other lessons. I wish I could tell you
about all of them, but there simply isn't enough time. Just imagine back to
back appointments Tuesday afternoon through Sunday morning and that is how
crazy our week was. Miracles are happening here. I am continuously amazed at
just how perfectly the Lord makes everything work. This has to be His work
because we are simply too imperfect to cause all these amazing things on our
own.
I gave my departing testimony at Zone Conference. That was
hard. My whole mission I've watched missionaries stand and talk about their
missions. They all say, it goes fast so make it count, and then suddenly, here
I am, crying and saying the same things they've all said. I cannot put into
words how grateful I am for my mission. I cry at least twice a day. This has
been such a blessing to my life.
The ant bites I got last week turned into a severe
infection, so I asked for a priesthood blessing. I am so grateful for the power
of the priesthood. The elder giving me the blessing spoke the exact things I
needed to hear. The blessing encouraged me to reflect on how much I have
changed on my mission, so I've been doing a lot of reflecting. I'm grateful for
the trials and challenges I have faced and continue to face because it means
the Lord wants me to be something different. I'm grateful my Father in Heaven
loves me enough to let me struggle sometimes so that I can grow and change. I
have so much more to say about this, but I'll save some of it for my three
remaining emails.
Have a great week!
With love,
Sister Jasperson
| Caleb and me in front of his tent |
No comments:
Post a Comment