Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 (Happy New Year!)

Wow it was another long and crazy week. I don't even remember most of the things we did.

Our neighbor moved to Ohio for a little while. That was kind of disappointing. I wrote her a card before she left and took it to her telling her how impressed I was with her faith. I hope that she'll be able to continue learning about the Church while she's there. It's the most heartbreaking thing to see people gain a witness of the truth and then turn away from it.

We had a pretty powerful lesson with Nick about scripture study. We talked about how we can gain revelation from our scripture study. I have such a testimony of effective scripture study. I know that the Lord answers our prayers through the scriptures.

We had a lesson with Sharon and we talked a lot about the temple. She is so eager to go to the temple and she's very enthusiastic to be involved in family history work. She and Rob have decided to get married in May and they are looking forward to getting sealed next December. They're preparing to go on the baptismal trip our branch has in a few weeks. They're conversion is impressive. They have such firm testimonies that this is the Lord's will for them. She told me that for their honeymoon they planned a road trip that will take them past several temples while they drive to San Diego so they can look at all the houses of the Lord. Their righteous desires amaze me.

I continue to find opportunities to use my musical talents. In a strange way, I really feel like my talents have grown immensely on my mission, even though I don't practice very much. I played the piano at the baptism in another ward this weekend. I'm grateful for all the talents the Lord has blessed me with and the opportunities I have to use them to bless the lives of those around me.

The Church is true! And that's really all that matters. Missionary work is hard, but the Lord is always in the work.

Have a great week!
With love,

Sister Jasperson

No comments:

Post a Comment