Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013


Hello everyone! It's finally getting warmer in Williamsburg! I hope it's getting warmer wherever you are too :)

To start off my list of crazy adventures, I'm on crutches! And in case you were wondering, crutches are no fun at all. At all. My arms have never been so sore. I don't think I wrote about this last week, but last Saturday we went and helped one of the members in our ward do a TON of yard work. We were moving logs and cutting trees, and weeding like some very very overgrown parts of their huge yard. We got into some poison ivy, which was exciting, but we prayed really hard that we wouldn't have a reaction and just kept working. I sprained my ankle pretty badly last October, and it had kind of started hurting again, but it wasn't too bad. After all that yard work it hurt a little more, but ever since December 2010 when I first sprained it, it always hurts when I do a lot of walking, so I didn't think it was a big deal. 

On Wednesday we went and helped one of our investigators clean her house. We help her clean about once every other week. I was on hands and knees scrubbing her stairs for almost two hours while Sister Jepson mopped. When I finished scrubbing, I stood up on the freshly mopped floor and slipped and fell. I didn't think I hurt anything, but Thursday evening my ankle was really swollen. On Friday it was fine, but it was swollen Friday night and Saturday morning I couldn't even walk. So the Ward Mission Leader in the Williamsburg ward got me some crutches, and I talked to our Mission Medical adviser, and now I'm on crutches for at least the rest of this week. Whoohoo! The work doesn't stop if you get injured, so we're moving a little slowly, but we're still pushing on.

As for the rest of our adventures, Sister Jepson and I got less sleep this week than we have in a really long time. So keep praying for us. We've pretty much decided that this is just a trial we have to endure and we'll just grin and bear it, but lately we've been pretty exhausted. It makes for some really funny conversations though and we're still having the time of our lives. 

Our Easter program was this weekend and it turned out pretty well. It wasn't quite as good as we expected and we were a little disappointed by the support the ward provided, but we understand that it was Easter weekend and Spring Break, so we understand. Only half of the people who we asked to speak or perform a musical number showed up, but even so it was still a wonderful program. Last minute the pianist got the flu, and the two musical numbers who did come were unable to find an accompanist, so (I know this will make my mother proud) I sightread both musical numbers and played the piano for the opening and closing hymns, practically broken ankle and all. In case of emergency, I learned that I can pedal with my left foot if I need too. I was grateful that I had spent so much time in high school learning how to play the piano well enough to be able to use that talent when called upon. 

I'm out of time, just like always, but I love and miss all of you! Thank you for all of your prayers and support! When I get the chance, I'll send more pictures.

Happy Easter! Enjoy General Conference!

With love,
Sister Jasperson

No comments:

Post a Comment