Last night was transfer calls. Sister Jepson and I had a feeling that we were going to be split up, so we were prepared, but we are still really sad that we're not going to be together any more. We have had so much fun together. I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful first companion. When he put us together, President Perry (our mission president) joked that we were a companionship made in heaven. We thought he was kidding, but I've really seen how that is true. From day one we've meshed very well together. We teach effectively as a team and we've never had a disagreement. I am certainly going to miss Sister Jepson when she's gone.
I'm going to be taking over the area and training, which means I'll also become the designated driver. I'm a little nervous about training because the position of trainer is the most important calling in the mission. Nevertheless, I trust God completely and I know He wouldn't ask me to do something that I couldn't do. I know He will help me know how to best train this new sister coming in. Transfers aren't until Thursday, so I'll have to wait until then to see who my companion will be.
This week has been pretty crazy. Tuesday was a pretty eventful day. We had a really busy morning, and we were running late when we got home for our lunch break. We hurried to eat lunch, and then changed really quickly to head off to service. We had burnt the chicken a little bit when we were cooking, so I put a little water in the pan so it would soak while we were gone and set it on top of the stove because it was still hot.
We'd been at service for almost an hour when I walked out from behind the desk and noticed that I was wearing two different colored shoes. I immediately walked back behind the desk and showed Sister Jepson. We laughed really hard and joked about how I didn't know how to dress myself. We'd just been in so much of a hurry that there wasn't time to look, I'd just grabbed some shoes and ran out the door.
But the day got even better. When we got home after service we saw that all our windows were open and the lights were on. We were certain we hadn't opened any windows, so were a little confused. When we got to the front door, we noticed a note taped to the window. (side note, we live on top of an office that is owned by some members of the ward). We opened the note and read that the stove had caught on fire while we were out and the smoke alarm had gone off. Fortunately the office had still been open and the guys who work downstairs had run up and put out the fire. We looked at each other and were like oh no, the burnt chicken! We left the stove on! We were so embarrassed. We hurried into the office to apologize.
Aside from that crazy experience, we have seen a lot of miracles this week. I wish I had time to write about them all, but I never have enough time :) So, until next week it is. I love you all! Have a great week!
With love,
Sister Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment