This week was crazy! It was transfer week, so we spent all of the first part of the week packing up Sister Jepson's things, and then we drove to Richmond and I got my new companion. Her name is Sister Garvin. She's from Provo, Utah and she just turned 19 last month. She came to me straight from the MTC full of enthusiasm and questions. She's super cute and we've been having tons of fun. Training is a little stressful. I feel like I still don't know all the answers and suddenly I have to be the one in charge. Fortunately I know I can trust in God to help me when things get rough.
On Friday we went to do some service and help a lady unpack in her new house. She hurt her back and can't lift any
thing, so she needed us to unpack and clean and decorate. On our way there, my pants ripped, so we had to make an emergency run to Target to buy new pants. My companion could not stop laughing at me. I was so sad because I really loved those pants....but they were getting pretty worn out.
thing, so she needed us to unpack and clean and decorate. On our way there, my pants ripped, so we had to make an emergency run to Target to buy new pants. My companion could not stop laughing at me. I was so sad because I really loved those pants....but they were getting pretty worn out.
On Sunday there were two mission farewells in our ward. It was pretty sweet - there was a brother and sister who are both entering the MTC on the same day. It made me think of my brother who is leaving on his mission in July. How fun it will be for us to both be on missions at the same time. I can't wait! During transfer meeting on Thursday our mission got a few visa waiters (missionaries who are temporarily assigned here until they get their visas and then they will head to their international missions.) One of them is headed to the same mission Tanner will be in. I didn't get the chance to talk to him, but hopefully I'll see him again before his visa comes in.
Probably the most exciting thing of the week was when I got really lost on our way to our dinner appointment last night. The family lived at the very bottom of our area, but our area map had them labelled as living at the very top. So we wasted 10 miles driving across the entire area trying to find them. We were only 15 minutes late, so it wasn't too bad.
Anyways, things are going great! I love being a missionary. All of our investigators are starting to progress really well. We're just hoping to keep finding more people to teach. Sister Garvin is adorable and I know we're going to work well together.
I love you all! I miss you and I pray for you every night. Thank you for all of your support, as usual. I attached two pictures - one of me and Sister Jepson in front of the James River and one of me, Sister Jepson, and Sister Garvin at transfer meeting. Have a wonderful week!
With love,
Sister Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment